Monday, April 11, 2011

The Ghetto is Bringing me Down!

I hate chaos. It drive me insane but with the present state of the house chaos is all I see. I swept the floor 8 times today and I think it needs it again. Seems stupid considering I mopped sticky concrete. Well, only parts of it are sticky concrete. The rest of the living room has the foam flooring put down in anticipation of putting in the laminate flooring I bought for it well, several months ago. I now have a saw and most of the pull and stick is up but....

No it's not another case of ADD it's a case of  convincing. I am hoping to get the floor in by the end of April.

This is a huge fight between C and I. I started this blog with the intention of being 100% honest and I am in a bit of a dilema right now because I am worried that by being honest here with this Ghetto problem I may make family mad.  However, by not being honest it just makes me a hypocrite. So I guess I can take the heat and I'll go with honesty. Let the chips fall where they may...

There are two types of parents out there:

 1. The teachers - they are the ones that show you how to do things and then give you wings to try it out. Maybe you fall maybe you fly.

2. The I'll do it for you - they are the parents that don't show you and just do stuff for you.  Their kids sometimes never get an chance to fly because they are always second guessing themselves.


C had one kind I had the other. One of us has wings and one of us has doubts. You decide who is who.. I won't say.

So that is where we stand on installing the floor. It sits in the bathroom the one without a ceiling waiting for one of the two of us to convince the other one that we can handle the flooring without waiting for the I'll do it for you parent to make an appearance. I sure hope one of us wins soon because I'd like to stop mopping sticky concrete!

0 comments:

Post a Comment