Thursday, April 14, 2011

How did Le Chateau Ghetto get it's Name?

I have been asked this well a lot since I started this blog. So I guess I need to explain. When C and I first bought the townhouse we called it "The Burrows" like in Harry Potter. It looked just like J.K. Rowlings described it in her book.








The Weasley house has seven floors. It is also quite dilapidated, managing to remain standing only by magic. Despite the house's rundown appearance, Harry remarks on his first visit that it was the best house he had ever been in and it becomes his second favourite place in the world  This seemed like a good  fit for our house but it wasn't perfect and I knew I'd find the right name eventually. Then I saw a new movie.




Medea's Family Reunion:

In this movie the characters are having a wedding and the wedding planner designs a dream wedding which she calls "Spring in Paris". Later in the movie when there is a switch of bride/groom she remarks that if she knew the type of people that was coming to the wedding she would have designed it as "Chateau Ghetto". Right then and there I knew the name was perfect and Le Chateau Ghetto it has been ever since!

0 comments:

Post a Comment