Friday, April 1, 2011

An Oops Paint Scandal!

 

 

 

***WARNING SCANDAL BELOW***

 

 

 

Yesterday I went to a Home Improvement store because I ran out of my Tangerine Dream Oops paint I bought for $5.00.

 

***** Memo to all you Oopsers out there make sure if you are going to buy Oops paint you have enough*****

 

I gave the paint can to the gentleman behind the paint counter and asked for a galleon of Tangerine Dream. He quickly went to work and after the can was done shaking all about he opened the lid and shocked the crud right out of me.

 

"That's not even close ." I said.

 

"Oh, this is oops paint ." he replied. " You do know that when we put something in the Oops section we add colors to it."

 

"What? I didn't know that." I spouted stunned with my jaw hanging open.

 

"Yeah, it's a new thing we are doing company wide. We have been having so many people come up and ask for a custom paint color and they go shopping while we mix it. Then they duck out and come back the next day and get the paint on sale as an Oops for $5.00 instead of the real price. So now when people ditch out and don't come back before we put the paint on the Oops shelf we add a bunch of different colors to it and we don't change the paint dot on top. That way when they get it home they don't get the paint color they thought they were." he added with a clever grin.

 

"But what about the people that like the color and just want a bargain?" I asked.

 

"Just have the person working the counter open the can for you and see if you still like it." he countered.

 

"Oh, well than makes sense." I stated.

 

So this leads me to the end of my story. He opened the paint can I had brought, got out a bit of the old paint that turns out looks nothing like a Tangerine Dream and proceeded to color match.

 

It looks great. In fact we even got another galleon of Oops paint for another room. Don't worry this room is small and one galleon will do the job.

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment