Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Standaroules Plumbarmacy

When I was a kid I had two favorite movies and I must confess they are still my favorites. Both movies were Disney one was called "Blackbeard's Ghost" and the other was "The Snowball Express". Coincidentally both movies starred Dean Jones.

 

Today I want to talk about the latter film. What could it have to do with home improvement probably nothing but I bet you a shinny quarter I can get there! In the movie Dean Jones' Great-Uncle Jake dies and leaves the main character Mr. Baxter his hotel. He is told that the hotel is making a great deal of money so without thinking about it he quits his job in a wonderful permanent fashion and decides to movie his family to Silver Spring, Colorado and run the hotel.

 

 

When he and his family arrive it's to find that the hotel is far from making money it has been closed for decades and is in bad need of repair. The hotel is beautiful and well worth putting the time and money into making it great again. This is exactly what the Baxter's decide to do. They turn it into a Ski Lodge. Of course it all goes wrong in the movie and they end up with a giant hole going all the way through the hotel and the guppies in the water would really suck but I'd love to have a place like this. My father was a professional Chef in Las Vegas for 40 years and the hospitality industry is in my blood so I think I could really do well with this too! Even if it wasn't in Belize.

 

So, what does this have to do with Le Chateau Ghetto?? Nothing other than the fact that I believe with enough love and money (hopefully more of the first than the latter) it will be great again too!!

 

 

If not maybe somewhere I have a Great-Uncle Jake and he can leave me a hotel that I can fix up and run…

 

 

 

0 comments:

Post a Comment